CRIMESPREE MAGAZINE #44
Edited by Jon Jordan and Ruth Jordan
Max Allan Collins’ 40 years in publishing is the cover feature of Crimespree Magazine #44 in an interview by Jon Jordan. Jon also interviews Jeff Lindsay, the author of the Dexter series. Tim Henessey pulls double duty as well by interviewing Frank Bill and Alan Heathcock.
Some great short fiction is supplied by Trey R. Barker, Maggie Veness and Alex Segura.
Reed Farrel Coleman writes about J.A. Konrath and ebook sales. Craig McDonald looks back Sterling Hayden’s noir life. Ayo Onatade writes about her favorite sidekicks. Other contributors include Linda Brown, Steven Torres, Jen Forbus, Leonard Rosen and Margaret Cole. Additionally, LJ Sellers, Geoffrey Wessel, Chris Ewan and Amy Alessio also provide articles.
Finally, there’s a fabulous Holiday Gift Guide for the crime aficionado you know as well as Eye on Hollywood by Jeremy Lynch. Rounding out the 44th issue is DVD Reviews, Buzz Bin and Book Reviews.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. From the Editor by Ruth Jordan
2. Hanging with Ayo
3. Interview with Alan Heathcock by Tim Hennessy
4. Interview with Jeff Lindsay by Jon Jordan
5. COVER STORY: Max Allan Collins 40 Years in Publishing by Jon Jordan
6. Kindle Shorts by Steven Torres
7. Write What You Feel by LJ Sellers
8. Bookstore Spotlight by Jen Forbus
9. Tormented Joy and the Debut Novelist by Leonard Rosen
10. Starting a New Series by Margaret Cole
11. FICTION: Gallop Away by Maggie Veness
12. Scoring by Geoffrey D. Wessel
13. The Good Thief’s Guide to St. Louis by Chris Ewan
14. Amy Alessio’s Teen Beat
15. FICTION: Quarters for the Meter by Alex Segura
16. Mystery Town by Linda Brown
17. A Funny Thing Happened by Reed Farrel Coleman
18. Craig’s Joint by Craig McDonald
19. Frank Bill Interview by Tim Hennessey
20. Eye on Hollywood by Jeremy Lynch
21. DVD Reviews
22. FICTION: Diversion by Trey Barker
23. Holiday Gift Guide
24. Buzz Bin
25. Book Reviews
26. Crimespree on Comics