Available today from Down & Out Books, the print and digital editions of the thrilling second season of A Grifter's Song!
Long time grifters Sam and Rachel love two things: each other and the grift. On the run from the mob, the two lovers move from one con to the next, winning some and losing others, but always finding a way to survive.
Volume 3 includes the first three episodes of Season Two:
• Gone Dead on You by a master of rural noir, Eryk Pruitt, opens the season. Set in Pruitt’s fictional Lawles County, this tale brings an element of the supernatural into play as Rachel portrays a medium who speaks to the dead partner of a dirty cop as part of a revenge ploy.
• Swedish paranormal romance author Asa Maria Bradley penned Episode 8, Upgrade. When Sam and Rachel target a rich mark in San Francisco, the con is high tech but the strain on their relationship is even higher. Faced with a challenge they’ve never truly encountered before, the pair realizes they are risking more than their freedom on this one.
• Episode 9, The Money Block by Holly West, follows a reinvigorated Sam and Rachel in central California as they work a variation of an old scheme, updated for the digital age. But when their mark realizes he’s been taken, the repercussions are brutal, and Sam and Rachel lose more than they knew possible.
Volume 4 includes the final three episodes of Season Two:
• First up is The Sound of Breaking Bones by Eric Beetner. In Mississippi, Sam and Rachel pose as a godly couple running an adoption service, but they quickly run afoul of a local deacon whose tendencies run more to the Old Testament than the New.
• Scott Eubanks penned Episode 11, Still Life with Suitcase. This debut author’s work finds Sam and Rachel in Florida, working a variation of the fiddle scheme. Their targets are new money but the art involved is from an old master. The danger itself, however, is elemental.
• Episode 12, Down Comes the Night, officially closes out season two. Series creator and editor Frank Zafiro picks up with Sam and Rachel right where they left off in Episode 11. Deciding to face the threat of pursuing mobsters head on, the couple devises a plan to finally be free and safe. The life of a grifter, however, holds little hope of either.
All six episodes of this season have already been published in ebook formats, but if you haven't read any and want to enjoy the full season, you can still purchase a digital subscription to Season Two at a discounted price to buying all six episodes separately. Plus you'll receive a bonus episode, The Reckoner, written by series creator and editor Frank Zafiro.
We are thrilled that the response to this series has been so positive that it has been renewed for a third season, which will premiere on January 1st, 2021. Here is a list of episodes that will be included in A Grifter's Song Season Three:
• The Rule of Thirds by Matt Phillips
• The Down and Out by Lawrence Maddox
• Travel Money by Jonathan Brown
• Rocky Mountain Lie by Michael Pool
• Open Up Your Heart by Carmen Jaramillo
• Ride Like Hell by S.A. Cosby
We'll have more information on how to subscribe to A Grifter's Song Season Three soon.
Thanks to everyone who has subscribed to and supported this series to date, and we look forward to continuing to provide you with new adventures for Sam and Rachel.